Below, a typical school day has been set out.
Early Years Foundation Stage (Alpha Building)
- The school gate opens at 8.50am but children must be accompanied by an adult until the children enter the classroom.
- 9am the register is taken.
- Lunch time is 11.45pm-12.45pm.
- The school day ends at 3.20pm. Parents are asked to wait in the playground near the classroom door and staff will send out each child to their parent.
Key Stage 1 & 2 (Omega Building)
- The school gate, at the back of the school, opens at 8.40am but children in KS1 must be accompanied by an adult until the bell rings at 8.50am.
- Key Stage 2 go straight up to class to start their early work.
- The Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher are usually available at this time of day should you wish to speak to either of them.
- Children are taken up to class by their teacher and the registers are taken in class at 8.50am promptly.
- Morning break for KS1 is at 10.10am and KS2 10.30am.
- Lunch breaks vary between classes to allow for space and time for eating and relaxation.
- KS1 take their lunch between 11.50pm and 12.50pm and KS2 take their lunch break between 12.30pm and 1.30pm.
- An Act of Worship (assembly) takes place every day.
- At the end of the school day the school gate is opened at 3.30pm. Classes will line up in the playground and MUGA and children will be collected by their parents.
If you cannot pick up your child we ask you to ensure that we know the person who will be collecting them. Please inform the class teacher or school office in advance. If we have not been informed of the person collecting, we will keep the child with us until we are absolutely sure of the arrangements.
We ask that the playground is vacated by 3.45pm at the very latest so that After School Clubs can commence and staff can attend meetings knowing that each child is safely with an adult.
Year 5 and 6 children may arrive and leave school independently, with written permission from their parents or carers.