Main School Development Plan Aims:
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- To further develop the teaching of writing to ensure pupils are making better than expected progress.
- To further ensure that all members of the school community can articulate how our explicit Christian vision impacts on standards, the character of the school and well-being.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- To develop pupil and staff mental health & well-being.
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- To further enhance the skills of the SLT and Middle Leaders in order to review and evaluate school development and to ensure successful succession planning.
- To evaluate the current school curriculum to ensure it meets the needs of the pupils and implement changes.
Effectiveness of the Early Years Provision: The Quality and Standards
- To develop the outdoor learning environment as a third classroom.
- To further develop pupils’ emotional well-being and engagement.
Secondary School Development Plan Aims:
- To further enhance the Behaviour Policy by including more positive rewards for good behaviour.
- To embed the skills of governors to monitor the impact of the school’s work and their ability to articulate this.
- To create new procedures to support the assessment of reading with our cluster schools.
- To close the gap between girls and boys in Maths in Y4 & 5.
- To focus on middle attainers to ensure they are making good or better progress from their starting point at each key stage in core subjects.
- To maintain high expectations of teacher’s marking to ensure it is consistently moving children’s learning on and provides clear evidence of next steps and how these can be achieved.
- To continue to promote high expectations of presentation.
- To evaluate how we are meeting our Rights Respecting Level 2 accreditation and develop new initiatives to enhance the curriculum.
- To embed new topics and approach to teaching EYFS to ensure high quality provision, environment and learning.
- To continue to develop the role of support staff in the EYFS by developing their skills in assessment and moving children’s learning on.