In April 2013, the Government announced funding of £150 million to improve the provision of Physical Education and sports in primary schools.
Emmanuel received approximately £8,500 annually in the academic years of 2013/14 and 2014/15. In 2015/16, the school received £9,050 and in 2016/17, the school received £8895. Emmanuel will receive £18,360 for 2017/18.
The school has been given the freedom to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of physical education and sport provision, including increasing the participation in PE and sport so all pupils at Emmanuel can develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels that they are capable of. This will allow for some fantastic new initiatives to take place.
- Click here to read our action plan for 2014-2015
- Click here to read our action plan for 2015-2016
- Click here to read our action plan for 2016-2017
- Click here to read our action plan for 2017-2018
- Click here for information on how the Sports Premium funding 2014-2015 has made a difference at Emmanuel
- Click here for information on how the Sports Premium funding 2015-2016 has made a difference at Emmanuel
- Click here for information on how the Sports Premium funding 2016-2017 has made a difference at Emmanuel.
The key areas are:
- Increasing provision for INTRA and INTER competition
- Improving the health of our pupils through increased physical activity and healthy lifestyle choices
- Developing KS1 and KS2 teachers knowledge and understanding of PE
- Updating the Physical Education Curriculum planning format and resources
- Upgrading equipment for the school
- Increasing the participation of Emmanuel C of E in Camden Sports
- Funding a specialist to provide activities beyond our standard PE curriculum.