19th November 2021
The governors of Emmanuel Church of England Primary School are consulting on the school’s admission arrangements for pupils starting school from September 2023.
The consultation will be open from Friday 19th November 2021 to Friday 7th January 2022 and the governors of Emmanuel Church of England Primary School, who are responsible for offering or refusing places at the school, would welcome your views on the proposed changes. The proposed changes are as follows:
1. Offer additional guidance for admissions out of normal year group (Main School only)
2. Clarify how Late Applications will be considered
3. Prioritise children of Staff of Emmanuel C/E Primary School to encourage quality staff recruitment and retention
4. Route A Oversubscription Criteria
a. Consolidate and prioritise all Siblings applicants to emphasise the importance of family
b. Include siblings of Emmanuel Church Members who have recently moved to the area
5. Clarify that applicants providing insufficient evidence for Route A applications will automatically be considered under Route B.
6. Require children applying under the Route B sibling criterion to have had a sibling that also applied via Route B
7. Clarify when the Waiting List will be compiled and how it will be managed
Please see the below links for more information:
Recipients are invited to respond by emailing comments relating to the proposed admissions arrangements to firstname.lastname@example.org
On conclusion of the Consultation on 7th January 2022, all responses received will be collated and presented to the Governing Body in February 2022 for full consideration. The outcome of the Consultation will then be notified to all parents by the end of February 2022 and the full report will be posted on the school’s website.
Chair of Governors