As defined by the Department for Education (DfE) in The School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013, the core functions of the Governing Board include:
– Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
– Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
– Ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources.
The Governors are responsible for the management of the school, working with the Headteacher and senior staff. The Governing Body has twelve members, including two parent Governors, representatives from the Parochial Church Council, the Deanery Synod and the London Borough of Camden (the Local Education Authority) and one from the teaching staff.
The Governors meet in full session once each term, and there are two committees which undertake detailed work in more specific areas.
The current Governors are:
Chair: Rob Marshall
Vice-Chair: Fr. Jonathan Kester
Headteacher: Kathryn Fitzsimmons
Clerk: Pascal O’Donoghue
Parochial Church Council: Blaise Temple
Elected Parent: Joanna Vo-Ta
Elected Parent: Mark Gill
Co-Opted: Patrick O’Connor
Local Authority: Tulip Siddiq MP
Associate Member: Cllr Ian Cohen
Deanery Synod: Cllr Flick Rea
Deanery Synod: Nancy Jirira
LDBS: Latifah Idris-Ligali
Staff: Steve Wright
- Click here to read the Publication of Governors’ Details and the Register of Interests
- Click here to read the Finance, Admissions, Premises & HR Committee Terms of Reference
- Click here to read the Standards & Curriculum Committee Terms of Reference