Thank you for your patience whilst we have been working on a detailed risk-assessment on the re-opening of Emmanuel C of E Primary School. I would like to reassure you that the health and safety of our pupils, staff and community is, and will continue to be, at the forefront of all our decision-making.
As you know, the government has announced that primary schools are to welcome back year groups to school from the week beginning 1st June 2020 at the earliest. The plans outlined below are subject to government confirmation that this start date will indeed go ahead as planned. As it stands, our plans are:
- School will be continue to be open for children of key workers and vulnerable pupils from Monday 1st June 2020.
- Year 6 pupils will be able to return to school from Tuesday 2nd June 2020.
- Reception class pupils will be able to return to school from Monday 8th June 2020.
At this stage we are unable to welcome back any other classes. This is for a number of reasons, including:
- An increased number of key-worker children, who must take priority;
- Those year groups that are returning (Year 6 and Reception) have to be kept in ‘bubbles’ of no more than 15 pupils, which requires extra space around school and extra staff;
- Some staff cannot return to school under current government guidance.
We recognise how disappointing this may be for some families but I must reiterate that this is for reasons of health and safety.
Of course, as government guidance changes and is updated, we will be in touch.
We hope the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ document below will answer any questions you may have and that the social stories will support your child whether they’re returning to school or not for the moment.
Some additional questions we have been asked by parents:
|Can my child change to a packed lunch?||Yes, as long it is in disposable packaging. No lunch boxes or tupperware is permitted.|
|Can my child take home their PE kit every Friday to wash?||No|
|Can the child bring in a school bag from home?||No|
|Will my child have music lessons?||Peri lessons will not happen (please contact Camden Music Service if needed) and brass lessons will continue to be posted on our school website.|