Relationships and Sex Education
What is Relationships Education?
- Children will learn about making and maintaining relationships; about growing up and changes.
- Relationships Education aims to help children feel good about themselves and the choices they make.
- Relationships Education allows children to gain knowledge, develop skills and form positive beliefs and attitudes about themselves and others.
Why teach Relationships Education?
- Prepares children for the physical and emotional changes that will take place at puberty.
- Develops positive attitudes, values and self-esteem and challenges negative attitudes and prejudices.
- Make sense of misinformation in the media and from peers.
- Provides an opportunity to talk about feelings and relationships.
- Promotes the skills necessary for effective communication and loving, caring, respectful and happy relationships.
- Protects children from inappropriate online content and exploitation.
- Statutory part of the science curriculum covering the biological aspects of RSE.
Please click below to find out what your child will be learning: