The school is organised into three stages:
- Early Years Foundation Stage (Nursery and Reception class)
- Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2)
- Key Stage 2 (Years 3 to 6)
|Name of Class
Your child’s first class will usually be the Nursery or Reception class, which runs as an Early Years Foundation Stage unit. It is for children aged 3 to 5 years old. It has two dedicated class teachers and a team of qualified adults to support them. If your child joins later on, the class they join will always be dependent on their age. These will be Year 1 for 5-6 year olds, Year 2 for 6-7 year olds, Year 3 for 7-8 year olds, Year 4 for 8-9 year olds, Year 5 for 9-10 year olds and Year 6 for 10-11 year olds. Each class has its own class teacher. All our teachers are fully qualified to work with primary aged children and together have a wide, rich range of experience, abilities and skills which they bring to the life and work of the school. Our class teachers are assisted by a dedicated and experienced team of Teaching and Learning Assistants, Office Staff and our Site Manager.
The School Day
Below, a typical school day has been set out.
Early Years Foundation Stage (Alpha Building)
- The Reception door opens at 8.55am and at 9.00am the register is taken.
- The Nursery door opens at 9.05am.
- Lunch time is 11.30am-12.30pm for Reception and 12pm-1pm for Nursery.
- If doing full days, Nursery children finish at 3.05pm.
- The school day ends at 3.15pm for EYFS. Parents are asked to wait in the playground near the classroom door and staff will send out each child to their parent.
Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 (Omega Building)
- The school gate, at the back of the school, opens at 8.45am and children go straight to their class to start their early morning work.
- The Head of School is usually available at this time of day should you wish to speak to her.
- Registers are taken in class at 8.55am promptly.
- Lunch breaks vary between classes to allow for space and time for eating and relaxation.
- An Act of Worship takes place every day.
- At the end of the school day, the school gate is opened at 3.20pm. Classes will line up in the playground and MUGA and children will be collected by their parents.
This equates to a total of 32.5 hours.
If you cannot pick up your child, we ask you to ensure that we know the person who will be collecting them. Please inform the class teacher or school office in advance. If we have not been informed of the person collecting, we will keep the child with us until we are absolutely sure of the arrangements.
We ask that the playground is vacated by 3.30pm at the latest so that After School Clubs can commence and staff can attend meetings knowing that each child is safely with an adult.
Children in older year groups may arrive and leave school independently, with written permission from their parents or carers.